Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Lost, Broken, and Stolen

This will be a growing list of all lost, broken or stolen on the trip. This list will hopefully stay small, but should be an interesting history for the journey. So far:


Stolen: Visa Card and $660 in Miraflores, close to Lima. I noticed my ATM card had gone missing, so I went and checked my accounts and was missing $660. Thanks to the FDIC, its all coming back to me, and Visa sent me a new card in Peru.

Stolen: Black EMS Fleece, Deja Vu bar in Arequipa. I set this down for 5 minutes at our table, turned and it was gone. Real bummer.

Lost: Backup sunglasses on Rio Colca. I always carry an extra pair in my PFD. I set these down on the rocks at the second night camp and lost them in the flurry of the fireline to get gear to camp. I bought a new pair in Arequipa for 16 soles.

Broken: Pentax Optio WPi Camera on Rio Cotahuasi. My trusty old camera gave out after taking its 5000th picture. The viewing screen was already cracked, but this hit killed the lens, cracking it in pieces. Fortunatley, Christina sold me her W10 so the pictures will keep coming!

Lost: Six Six One Elbow pads on Rio Cotahuasi. In the unwrapping scene, I set them down on a rock because swimming with them is nearly impossibble. I was going to remember them, but didn´t. I´m borrowing Brian's till I get new ones... maybe in Chile?

Lost: Food, oar, oarlocks, oar sleaves on Rio Cotahuasi.

Broken: Oar and cooler on Rio Cotahuasi.

Lost: Nalgene Bottle, in taxi coming back from Paucartambo to hostal in Cuzco.

Lost: Petzel Zipka Headlamp, somewhere between Paucartambo-Urubamba Confluence and Cuzco. Bummer.

Lost/Broken/Stolen: Wairo, Gian Marco's dog, somewhere around Cotahuasi. We took the dog for the first dog decent of the Colca, then it stole a wheel of cheese and dissapeared in Cotahuasi. Not really sure if we lost the dog, the cheese broke the dog, or he was stolen.

1 comment:

Andre said...

Wow you could probably start a lost and found peruvian blog based on all your things.